Every loves German Chocolate cake and these bars are always the first thing to disappear from our holiday dessert table. They’re so easy to make, why not bake two so you can keep some for yourself?
We originally tripped over this recipe on the back of a Betty Crocker cake mix box years ago and thanks to modern technology we can now give credit where credit’s due – BettyCrocker.com.
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy coconut pecan frosting
- 3 tablespoons milk
Get coupons for $.75/2 Betty Crocker Frosting, Supreme Brownie Mix, Dessert Bar Mix, SuperMoist Cake Mix, Cookie Mix Directions
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Lightly grease or spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan
- In medium bowl, mix butter and cake mix with fork until crumbly; reserve 1 cup. Press remaining mixture in bottom of pan
- Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips over baked layer. Drop frosting by tablespoonfuls over chocolate chips. Stir milk into reserved cake mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto frosting layer
- Bake 24 to 28 minutes or until cake portion is slightly dry to touch; cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen edges of bars with knife. Cool completely. Refrigerate until firm. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store loosely covered.