The days leading up to Christmas can be so stressful – escpecially for kids. They’re getting more and more excited, and they’re trying so hard to be “nice” it’s no wonder they end up being “naughty.” Give yourself a break! Put the kids to work in the kitchen while you go put your feet up and have a nice cup of tea. (Or a Miller Lite if you’re so inclined!)
This recipe uses Pillsbury Refrigerated Cookie Dough, and that means you don’t have to worry about the kids getting flour all over the place. Just open up the package, slice and bake.
Oh, yeah… first they have to add their favorite toppings!
- 1 tube Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
- (Get $1 off Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough with this coupon)
- 2 cups any pink frosting, chocolate frosting or strawberry jam
- Topping suggestions: M&M’s Chocolate Mini Baking Bits, mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, granola, raisins, nuts, pretzel bits, mini marshmallows, sprinkles, Heath baking bits, Reese’s Pieces, licorice laces.
For a healthier treat, substitute sliced strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, bananas and other fruits.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions. On lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 1/4-inch-thick circle.
- Place circles 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread top of each “pizza” with pink frosting and add your choice of toppings.
Makes 8 large cookies