UPDATE 3/3/20 – Paid shipping with tracking number is now live on the site
When a customer adds an item to their shopping cart they will now see two shipping options: Free shipping and Paid shipping.
Free shipping works the same way it always has: You, the vendor, ship at your own expense via USPS First Class Mail. While we strongly encourage you to include a tracking number for larger orders that decision is entirely up to you.
Please keep in mind that you can turn this feature off in your own shop if you prefer. (See below for how to turn it off.)
The global fee is set at $8.70. If a customer pays this additional fee:
- You will see that they’ve paid the shipping fee on your order confirmation email and when you access the order via your dashboard. (I haven’t determined yet if this dollar amount shows up in your ‘commissions due’ total but don’t worry, it shows up on mine.)
- $7.50 will be included in your Paypal transfer
- If you keep this shipping fee enabled in your shop, then You MUST add a Tracking Number and you MUST send that tracking number to the customer via the Tracking Number link on your Orders page. This also means you MUST ship the same day if the order comes in before 1 pm EST Mon-Fri because the customer will be able to see the shipping history with that tracking number. For those of you who think I don’t know you’re waiting a day or two to ship, you might want to turn this shipping feature off. Regardless, I know who you are 🙂
- If you do NOT want to be responsible for including tracking numbers you can turn off this feature in your own shop and customers will not be able to order it from you.
- If a customer orders more than one item from your shop, or if they order multiples of a single item, they will only be charged one time for the tracking fee.
- Customers have the option of ordering the tracking fee from one vendor, or multiple vendors. They will be charged $10.00 for each vendor and each vendor will be credited with $7.50/shipping fee on their next Paypal transfer.
The default setting for the entire site is set at $8.40 Please do not change this in your shop settings. You can either enable it or disable it but please do not change any of the other shipping settings in your shop. If you do, you may not get the credit on your transfer.
IMPORTANT! I’ve said this before and I’m saying it again… If the customer does NOT choose to pay for a tracking number you still have the option of using one if you like. It’s totally up to you but, as I’ve said in the past, when you’re shipping out large orders would you rather pay a couple of bucks for that tracking number or eat the refund when the customer claims she didn’t receive it.
How to turn off paid shipping in your shop
Log in to your account
Click the Vendor Access link at the top of the page
Click the Settings link on the black bar
Click the Shipping link under ‘Settings’
Scroll to the bottom of the page
Click inside the box next to “Disable national shipping”
Click the Save Changes button