I’m old enough to remember when King’s Hawaiian Bread was only available during the holidays at our local Kroger store. Now, it’s a regularly featured item that has it’s own prominent, permanent display. You’ve come a long way, baby!
Mix up a batch of this dip (in fact, you’ll probably want to mix up a couple of batches) and give this King’s Hawaiian Bread and Spinach dip a prominent position on your holiday snack table. It’ll be the star of the show.
Ingredients 2 round loaves King’s Hawaiian Bread
- 1 10-oz package frozen spinach – thawed, thoroughly drained and chopped
- 1 16-oz container sour cream
- 1 8-oz can water chestnuts – drained and chopped
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dips mix
- (Get a coupon for $.50 off 1 Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix here)
- Combine spinach, sour cream, water chestnuts and Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix in large bowl and mix thoroughly
- Cut top off of King’s Hawaiian Bread and remove bread from center. Reserve the bread you remove to use as dippers. Fill center of hollowed-out loaf with dip
- Cube second loaf of King’s Hawaiian Bread to use for dippers
Tip: We like to place a small bowl into hollowed-out loaf first, and then place the dip in the bowl. These helps keep the surrounding bread from getting soggy, and when you run out of bread (which you WILL because it’s sooooo yummy!) you can still cube that bread bowl.